I need flex plate c6

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
You just need the flex plate and not the flywheel, right? Let me check if I still have one.

Sorry, not there anymore.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What type flexplate do you need... There are two differant types. One is just a plain flexplate with a welded on ring gear. Those are available everywhere for around $45.00 new. The other is a three part setup. It has a heavy cast iron wheel with a thin pressed metal plate that the torque converter bolts up to. They are no longer available. I bought the last one Ford had. Then didn't use it. The thin plate was around $200.00 and the heavy cast iron wheel was around $450.00 both from Ford.... You can do away with the heavy cast iron wheels but.... You need a spacer to make the other flexplate work.... That spacer is no longer available either... Brians Truck Shop sells the flexplates and the spacers. He is in Leadhill Arkansas. If you have the flexplate with the gear welded to it you also have the spacer. It will look like its part of the crankshaft but its really not. Just tap it with a hammer and it comes off.

mark7.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need the heavy cast iron wheel with a thin pressed metal plate that the torque converter bolts up to or can i use the one that a e40d bolts to if i have the spacer.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Hey Mark I have what your looking for,actually two of them and one has a new set of ring gears...Make me an offer plus shipping cost.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
'nother question. Why do you need a new one? If it's because the teeth are bad, you can heat it up, knock it off and rotate it a few degrees to get new teeth involved. An idi only stops in 1 of 3 places. I flipped mine over. Some would say not to.

mark7.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I put the new motor in I got it caught on the top of the bell housing. And bent it a little I think b/c when the truck is running at idle it makes a clanging nose but when i put it in gear it goes away so I think it is bent. It kind of sounds like a loose converter. So what do I do pull the trans and replace or what.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
First off you don't run the motor. Running it will kill the torque converter fast because its moving in and out every revolution of the motor. No way you could bend the heavy cast iron wheel. omething else is going on with the noise.