I may be driving an idi again soon !!!!

linkfarms

IDI Addiction
Reaction score
I bought an 87 f-350 2wd 6.9 4sp from a friend to keep it from getting scrapped a couple weeks ago i was gonna part it out. But decided to try to sell it complete first since i've had no luck. I'm probably gonna repair it extensively and drive it during summer as a second truck to my cummins.
my plan on keeping it is to have it running by May 1st 2012.
that's a long way i know but money's tight with life,goats,other truck, and what ever else is thrown along in there
any way here's my plan between now and then

new clutch for 4sp or mabe just buy a zf5 and install depending on how much work it would be

new radio and speakers need some choices on both!!

want newer red seats out of anything i can find that's ford and ford red of course

will install new motor with new injectors along with new fuel and oil filters since truck already has new ip
ip will be set to pretty well stock

back up lights and hidden front fog lights will be installed

frame will be cleaned and painted

new tires and rims will be pc'd black

and i forgot most importantly it'll be rocking a red camper shell

i'll be ditching the 4inch flex pipe to 10" tip in favor of 4inch tubing to rear 6" turn out along with a muffler to keep it deep and quiet

i'm hoping to keep this under $1,500 with the other $800 i've got in truck

tips tricks thoughts comments let's here them

id gladly post some more pics of this beast but my new iphone is well diffuclut when adding pics to computer so i'll throw up my c list ad so you get an idea
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/2684603601.html

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zack, it sounds like a great project. Of course, keep an eye on local boneyards for cheap parts and the market place here. That keeps the cost as reasonable as possible. I love a good project and your's is going to be fun for you to do. You'll really be proud of that rig when you are done.

Heath

linkfarms

IDI Addiction
Reaction score
i got grill out battery cables off and some misc things on motor. Pretty fast for only half hour of time.
I'm working pulling front end out of gray truck at moment so i may have more time to work today.
I told my brother that when he turns of age since no one gave me a truck to drive that this truck would be his to drive. Well he wants me to paint it and change the clip i dunno about that part yet we will see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin