i had a great time!!!

SKimballC

Reaction score
I'm willing to do it, if anybody else is willing to. I'll just figure 5500 miles round trip, and say I get 14 MPG average, I would burn 393 gallons of fuel.:eek: Dang thats alot of fuel, I better start making bio pretty soon. If I just bought regular number 2 though, it would cost me about $1200 :eek: yikes thats a lot of mulla. I will definatly have to make my own bio if I were to do this.

I hope you're bad at math. :D

I burned about 220 gallons of WVO and 80 of #2/bio on one trip last year. My wallet still ached after that. Must have been the cost of hotel rooms with the not-so-camping lady.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
No one says that you guys can't have a Texas, or Oregon Rally. Why do you think there is only one, and that one must travel around?
Moving it further west will add some people, for sure, but will also lose some people who can't/ won't make that long of a trip.
Instead of making one rally move around, why not duplicate the success of this one at several places around the counrty?
I am sure a thread could be started on the basics of planning/ hosting a rally in your very own backyard. Maybe you could convince Mel to quit his regular job, and be a full time "wagon-master" for one continous IDI Rally that migrates around the country!

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
According to mapquest, going east to west from NY to LA, Wichita, Kansas is about midway. Do an IDI Power Tour where people jump on as they come thru your area. Start one on the east coast and one on the west coast and meet in Kansas. End up with 300 IDI powered trucks at one big campground. Man it's late. Now the gears are turnin aren't they.:rotflmao

Tom

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Michael you nailed it - that is what the Midwestern Oilburners Rally was supposed to do... I would love to see it take place a little more west but it was not started to compete with the IDI Weekend. We talked heavily about the locations and direction that we wanted the IDI Weekend to take when we were up in Michigan that Darrin hosted and it was pretty much decided on that it would be the Eastern Event and we wanted it to stay east of the Mississippi river(sp?) then that would allow other rallies and events to start to fill up the void. So who is going to the Midwest deal - any takers? I did the one last year so it's time for someone to step up and take the torch... I'll do it again with no quams but I would like to give someone else the chance next year. I have vacation time along with Sherri so we can attend both the IDI Weekend and a Midwestern Rally. The Midwestern Event already has it's Logo just need someone to step up... Come one do all but one us need to take a step back so it leave someone standing in front???? LOL

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the whole rally thing statrted it was called east coast, then it was changed to eastern time zone. Now where it is or going who knows. The original board for the rallys did have a couple categorys in the forum listing but I have not been on that board in ages. Does it still exist?

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I think that the other regions ought to put together a rally during the same time (4th of July). That way all the idi's are gathering at the same time, not necessarily the same place. Maybe we could put together some sort of web conference type of deal.

Reaction score
I belong to ISSCA, for my Impala, and we have a big meet each year that moves around to different spots to be nearer. People in the club also have lots of get togethers all year long though. I am the pres of our local Oregon club, so we haven't gotten together in a long time LOL. We hang with the Washington club and for awhile here we were meeting about once every month.

Locally there is a drive in, and we have even been welcomed and had a BOSS night (Bad Oregon Super Sports). they even play some old trailers and other related things. I don't see why y'all can't do similar things.

We used to call them "mod days". It all started because there was this brake modification we could do to our cars. It went allot easier with a few extra hands, and so we got like 20 people together and ran each car through sort of a production line with each person repeating a select task.

Eventually we just ended up calling each get together a "mod day" as that is what got us all started.

We have done many different things together though just as people with a common interest. Drive in nights, BBQ, just hanging out at a members shop together talking mods. We even had a day at the go cart track.

I guess my point is, you don't need to have a big centrally located event to have a good time with people of like interests.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I think that the other regions ought to put together a rally during the same time (4th of July). That way all the idi's are gathering at the same time, not necessarily the same place. Maybe we could put together some sort of web conference type of deal.

Man that's gonna be a lot of trophies.:frustrate :rotflmao

Tom

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Seriously though. I think the whole regional thing is a great idea. I tried to get something together for the Rocky Mountain Region two summers ago and got met with very little interest.:dunno So I dropped it and haven't pursued it since. I personally like the idea of regionals being staggered so a person or familly can attend others. I would eventually like to meet EVERYONE that is a part of the Oilburner family. Can't say when that would be at this point, but that's why I like the idea of one National Rally and maybe a bunch of smaller regionals for those that can't or won't travel as far.

Tom

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
You have now set the bar!:D

:eek:

Well back to the original interest of the post.

Matt, it was good to meet another fellow oil/veggie burner.
Glad you were able to make it!:thumbsup:

Good luck on the new addition ad as Barney said keep us posted!;Sweet