I found The Reason of Coolant Loss

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So.. at 0730 I'm driving my new motor & truck to have it timed and I'm watching the temp come up to 192 deg. All seems well. Then it climbs to about 196 then cools down to 190. Ge... The stat has opened. Just then I stop at a traffic lite only to see what I thought was the beaker car in front of me smoke something awful. Sure glad that wasn't me..... Then a driver comes along side me beeping his horn and pointing down at my truck lipping water............ I look at the temp gage and its past 195 and going up. I cross the signal and get out only to see a trail of fluid ... Pop the hood and I see coolant gushing from the rear oil cooler header. A call to AAA and a tow of 1.7 miles to the shop that was to time my motor. I checked back later and I was told I didn't do anything wrong on my buildup. A rear freeze plug poped out..... -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss That finished my trip hauling horses to Santa Barbara tomorrow morning. They almost had it done by 430pm but not really. They still had to time it and set the tps so I borrowed my daughters new 2006 chevy extra cab. So you see, everything turned out ok. I just feel this was a good place and time for this to happen. Now when I get home Sunday I'll pickup my truck and run the tires off it so I have some confidence in it. See Joe. Others are having many-o-problems too. You know they can kill you but they can't eat you. Its against the Geneiva Convention..... P.S. Don't take any prisoners. If you do you gotta feed 'em..... :rotflmao ;Really

pafixitman

Reaction score
:thumbsup:

Glad to hear it was minor. As for problems, well we do seem to have our share across the country. Geo is ready to go postal in Neckville!

I'm eating an elephant one bite at a time!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online