I do NOT ever get this lucky

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
So, some of you know I rebuilt my IDI in my Bronco. Have had it running for a while now but the milage is down from prior to the rebuild. Also, with the cam, ported heads, baby moose, and I am sure I am missing a few other things, the power band has raised it's self a bit. It is a slug off of the line. But wiht both of those it may be timing.

So instead of adding to my old thread, here is the new one...

This thing has power on flat land and upper in the RPM band like you read about. But since it is a stick, I have decided to go without adding the blower. I was chatting up one of the tow truck owners in town the other day that used to live down the street. We got to talking about this and he says, "I have one on the back of the flatbed at the yard. Come and get it..."

Today I went and got it. With the powerstroke turbo, I got the exhaust manifolds, up pipes, stand, down pipe, outlet/inlet hat, IC pipes, and all of the attaching hardware and probably most of, if not all of the clamps.

I also snagged the hydroboost setup. It has a 5 spd in it but it is LOOOOOOOOONG, and I don't think it is a ZF. It also has a PTO on the side. BUT, its 4X2. I think I will go back for it later.

So all of that work got me a siezed up turbo that I shot with some WD40. Took the snails off and it spins now. So, I need a rebuild kit...no biggie.

All of this for the grand total of N O T H I N G.

I have no idea how I am going to plumb the oil to it, but I think I can get it done...I am pretty pumped about this, and never get this lucky.

I will get pix up later.

SWS

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Superduty uses a 4wd transmission with the parking brake on the back. My guess is that it is a ZF. Put up pics, and then snag it if it is!

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
No parking brake on the back of it. It has a 6ish inch piece of extension housing, and then a tail shaft housing. The output shaft has a flange bolted to it. No pix of it, but I am probably going to get it. The slave is on the rear of the bell and pushes the clutch fork forward and it pivots from the pass side behind the starter. I wanna know what it is.

I also forgot to add I got the 7.3 filter housing, and the air inlet and box that will make the cold air from just beside the rad. Awesome...I bet money it will not fit or something will happen, 'cause I'm not that lucky...

SWS