hydroboost parts

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looks like most of the expensive parts are included but you still need several hoses and the brake peddle is a must have item. The brake peddle assembly is going to be your most difficult item to find and remove. You need to remove the entire under dash assembly. There are 8 or 8 bolts and nuts that hold the clutch and brake peddle to the firewall. Once its completely out check it out for having good or bad bushing. The main shaft is way too difficult to remove from under the dash. Thats why I said to remove the whole assembly...

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, looks like everything.

If he doesnt have the pedal see how it fits with yours. When I put mine in it connected just fine with the stock assembly. Also, put a new power steering pump on it. I didnt with mine and about 4 days after I put it in, the pump took a dump leaving me with no power steering. It had enough for the brakes but that was it.

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
ok cool thanks i guess ill get it. drove a chevy van at work with hydroboost and it impressed me.

i remember someone saying you can just run the booster with our master if you open up the holes in the tabs for it to bolt up, but there is a difference in the masters or something, anyone got some more info on this that might be my fix to not having the pedal assembly.

also will i be able to pull the reservoir off the pump and run it on my PS pump?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can swap the resevoir, the reseal kits 14 dollars at autozone.

I filled out my master and used in on the hydro unit, but eventually Ill put the 450 master on.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had a new pump that I was saving for the project. I just used the oring kit to reseal the resevoir and put it on the new pump. No leaks and its been about 2 months.

Install was pretty straigtforward, If I were to do it again I would have put the 450 resevoir instead of the 250 one. To put the 250 master on it requires a bit of filing to get it to slide over the studs on the hydroboost.

Also get new return line hoses, its much easier to replace them when the pump and line are out of the truck.

This is a great upgrade with very little work involved. I can easily lock up all 4 tires. Once I get a good set of front rotors I'll be set.