hydroboost--almost

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I was working in Williamstown, KY mon, tue, wed of this week. At one of the stops my partner was up on a water tower and I noticed a superduty 87-91 vintage sitting in a field with the hood up. I mosied over and low and behold, there was a complete hydroboost setup just waiting for me. I went up to the wrecking company whose field it was and figured that since this truck was obviously not going anywhere (the cab was completely crushed behind the firewall) he'd let it go cheap.

No deal. He wouldn't sell used brake parts. Liability he said. NE Indiana, cash, no receipt I said. No he said.

So for a day and a half I had to dream of the fantastic braking system that was within my reach and yet so far away.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
thats very unfortunate because like you said there wouldnt be ties to them upon any failure of the system. i dont get it.

sassyrel

Reaction score
try and have someone else buy the whole truck--then get the truck from them---so he doesnt know you did it------or tell a salvage yard friend about it--only after you agree on a price for the hydro setup---and hopefully he will stick to his word----

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
***???
Must be one of those high class yards where they don't know about for sale "AS IS".cookoo

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have any friends who are lawyers? If you do, the next time you see him, punch him in the solar plexis or kick him in his behind. When he asks you why, thank him for being a willing participant all the wonderfully unecessary litigation that makes it difficult for a regular guy like you to upgrade your brake system on your old truck because of the seller's liability.

Think of the irony: you can't upgrade your brakes because it's not safe to buy the parts.