Hydraulic Oil

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who here is running hydraulic oil? What percentage of RUG/D2/whatever are you mixing in? How do you think it compares to WMO? Thanks!

metrobruce

Reaction score
love the stuff when I can get it, usually I blend it with wmo 50/50 to thin wmo, its great in bosch ve equiped vehicles at 100%

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers and knowledge, I appreciate it. Once again the community provides helpful info;Sweet

My plan is to pick up a few hundred gallons, add 10% diesel, centrifuge the heck out of it, and run it.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FarmerFrank,
In checking the weather I see that your 19 degrees is only about 10 degrees warmer than me...that's impressive WHO will still run at 95/5. Is your 5% RUG or D2?

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rug only for me. Truck had some trouble today at 5*f with -20 wind so I brought my 00 golf tdi to work. But I had a 87/13 rug mix in the tank. Yesterday it was surging so I stopped and topped it off with 2 gallons of rug so that put my mix roughly at 80/20. Anything after 75/25 it cost just as much to drive my new car than it is to drive the truck

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rug only for me. Truck had some trouble today at 5*f with -20 wind so I brought my 00 golf tdi to work. But I had a 87/13 rug mix in the tank. Yesterday it was surging so I stopped and topped it off with 2 gallons of rug so that put my mix roughly at 80/20. Anything after 75/25 it cost just as much to drive my new car than it is to drive the truck

Excellent, more helpful info, thanks! We were down to 3 yesterday, my PSD wouldn't start after being plugged in for two hours (regular D2) so I left it and took the van. Since it's already squeamish at less than 10 about starting, I'll plan on 85/15 for my winter hydraulic mix along with a healthy splash of diesel.

Now all that's left is for me to pick some up, I'm hoping to do it on Saturday after I make some quick trash pump repairs....

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished fuging a batch of hydraulic oil, I ended up mixing in about 10% gasoline and it looks great so far. I'll run it this weekend on a 550 mile road trip, we'll see how she does.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has an aluminum cold air intake pipe, I think it would take the heat generated by this. It works by starting a flame and warming the air that's sucked in the cylinder, I'm trying to find a universal one sold locally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online