Hybrid Project

snoredog

Reaction score
yeah I have my reasons for using the ford frame instead of the half ton suburban frame. I almost ditched the tractor one day cause the burban started dancing all over the road at 45mph. The burban frame itself is not rusted too bad but the supports for the body and the body mounts themselves look ready to fall off. If the underside was in better shape I might have just swapped the running gear and tried not to tow much weight with it. I will try and measure everything i can get to tomorrow and see what its gonna take to mount the body up. I figured worst case is I have to weld sections of channel iron across the frame and bolt the body down to that. That would raise the center of gravity but give me a little room to build somethig cool like a hidden storage box in the floor behind the back seat. I am gonna need a little extra room to store stuff in or under the cab because there wont be much room under the hood. I got a pic of the passenger side heads which I thought the tapping sound was coming from. Does it look like the valves are lining up right or could they be the culprit?

Attachments

• truck project 020.jpg
    truck project 020.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 9
  • truck project 021.jpg
    truck project 021.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 5
  • truck project 022.jpg
    truck project 022.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Forum statistics