HVAC fan only works on high

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
But i have all other functions. Worked fine last time i used it, about 3 weeks ago. Gunna check the usual suspect but any other suggestions? Is the speed slector on a cable or vacuum? Trucks an 88 F350 Custom with AC.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just about any parts store should have the blower motor resistor. Oreilleys has it on the shelf but that may be a west coast store

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had this issue on my bronco... i replaced the resistor, didnt fix it, i had to replace the fan itself... the internal wiring was fried after (many years, its an 89) and just needed a freshening up. 5 bucks at local yard to fix it!

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Thanks, started easy and ended up cracking the resistor pack removing the plug...lol. So i just got a new one from NAPA. Cleaned the connector and put the new one in...works like a champ. Wanted to test the old one but i broke it and couldnt...oh well.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they have an over current fuse /resistor thing that blows in the resistor pack.when the motor goes weak and then you only have high.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
From What Russ posted above it may be time to replace the possible weak motor..

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I took the blower out n cleaned it up...spun freely with a very slight drag. Now it works great but ill keep an eye on it. Thankfully both (resistor block and blower) are right there in the open.

I also cleaned out the evap/blower box as it had some stuff in it.