Hrm looks like I have a heated fuel line?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Hrm looks like I have a heated fuel line? **PIKATURES!!!

Ok, I admit I haven't spent as much time under my hood as I should - but I have an excuse this is my project vehicle - working on my compressor I noticed a strange golden pipe wrapped around my fuel filter housing's intake line. It has a wire going from it to another connector. Sure looks like a fuel line heater to me! Pictures attached for your viewing pleasure. Diagnosis?

Also, wondering what the schrader style valve is on the fuel filter mount?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for the heater, but the schrader valve is to bleed air out of the filter...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what you're looking at is a fuel line heater for the 6.9 motored trucks. the 7.3 trucks have the heater built into the filter head.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting! I just looked at my spare engine since my tow truck isn't here and saw the same heater. Is the efficiency of this heater known? Maybe this heater can be used in conjunction with a heated 7.3 filter head to heat wmo better? I'm also figuring using an insulater such as rubber hose to keep the tubes warmer.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
where is a good place to get a constant duty inline fuel heater electric would be nice i can get the coolant type
anyway my truck has a hell of a time starting on 100% WMO i just flip my switch for my diesel tank at night let it idle down and in the morning fires right up fine

snowman89

Stack Finatic
Reaction score
the copper line is used for intitial startup only in 30 degree or below weather to reduce hard starting

Joe Mc

Reaction score
Since the in-line fuel heater gets power whenever the key is on it is constant duty as long as you keep the internal switch on the heater below 34 degrees. Around zero mine heats all the time and usually the one in my Racor does too, as I often forget to turn it off in the summer.
That reminds me...

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Hrm interesting, I would have a completely different physiological response (than salivating) to the woman on the bow of your boat - the boat - well, doesn't do much for me...

Joe Mc

Reaction score
mankypro,
Those are both nice, but they are what I ran on my big trucks, I use the Racor 645, it is cheaper and easier to install on your truck.

HammerDown, I started to say that she would look better on my boat; but then I saw the last line on your signature.... Maybe she does look better on your boat.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang Ray, you shouldn't post pictures of your daughter like that! LOL

Is the 7.3 filter heater constant duty? I always thought both types were. I didn't know the inline one had an intergal thermal switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314

Members online