HOW TO:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice writeup. I say it can be "Tech'ed" with an appropiate warning as he added to the begining. As stated, it's not for inexperienced or for hauling the family accross country.:D

Heath

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to make an article out of it too, simply if for no other reason than to show some of what is "under the top cover" of which there is not a lot of info on the internet. I do need to clean it up a little to make it more readable. Any chance I can get that as a Word document, with individual photos, so they can be sized accordingly? A strong word of caution will of course be posted. I've said it before, and I'll keep repeating it. These pumps do not continue to fuel past 3000 RPM without additional machine work. All this spring gets you is RPM's. Get it on a dyno and post the graph, so people can go... Oh.... I see. ;Really

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I'd like to make an article out of it too, simply if for no other reason than to show some of what is "under the top cover" of which there is not a lot of info on the internet. I do need to clean it up a little to make it more readable. Any chance I can get that as a Word document, with individual photos, so they can be sized accordingly? A strong word of caution will of course be posted. I've said it before, and I'll keep repeating it. These pumps do not continue to fuel past 3000 RPM without additional machine work. All this spring gets you is RPM's. Get it on a dyno and post the graph, so people can go... Oh.... I see. ;Really

well tell me what you need and how to do it i will, and you can edit it in any way you want to,

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I got a stupid question... and this mod is above my abilities (hence the stupid question) so I won't be trying it anyway.....but.....aside from feeling like you are driving a VW GTI what does it do?
I was kinda scratching my head with the 0-60 times cuz if I had to bet Mel's paycheck I woulda said it shoulda been faster with the mod?
Anyway that's my stupid question...

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the reason for this is it only allows the pump to turn that fast like mel said they really isnt any extra fuel past stock without machine work

Black dawg

Reaction score
So Mel, with the metering valve wide open does the fuel rate fall off or just level out past 3k?

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how this would affect a boosted truck. Is there the possibility of overboosting from the extra rpms? I imagine not as likely with a gated turbo, but if the gate were deactivated. I'm not sure how the non-gated turbos are set for boost levels.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how this would affect a boosted truck. Is there the possibility of overboosting from the extra rpms? I imagine not as likely with a gated turbo, but if the gate were deactivated. I'm not sure how the non-gated turbos are set for boost levels.

if it will supply more fuel then with the more rpm and a non gated turbo it will continue to boost till either you run out of fuel rpm or blow something

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should be a tech article for all the poor guys that have an IH pump governed to 2750. The purpose of this mod is for all the poor guys out there that haul heavy, and could use a couple more rpm before the gear change which drops it out of decent pulling. (yeah that's me on both accounts) And with the appropriate spring, turning 4000 governed would be fine all day long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online