how to hook up a tach!??

soot_monster

Reaction score
im trying to figure out how to hook up a tach on my 91 beast, but cant quite figure it out. anyone out there already hooked one up to an old automatic cummins?

Whit

Reaction score
the transducer bolts around one of the injector lines. Reads the pulses from the pump.

For you first gen owners that don't already have a tach, Here is one for you!
I just talked to the guy from tinytach and he said they are coming out with a new diesel tiny tach that is BACKLIT !!!!!! And instead of the nonreplacable internal battery that can eventually go dead,They say after 5 years, will be a flash memory that requires only vehicle power. Effectivley making the tinytach last as long as the vehicle. They are 1.5" by 3".Here is a link to the site,http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/diesel.php They do not list this new tach yet on the website. The guy i talked to said to call back in a couple weeks to order one. He said they would be about 20$ more than the current diesel Tinytach, which is priced at 65$. I will definatly be ordering one as soon as i can!
ez

rubberfish

Reaction score
Didn't some first gens come pre-wired for a tach?
IIRC there's a harness near the park brake pedal.
I'm not a hundred percent sure though if it pertains to
the 1991 model years or not. You'll have to look into it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tach I pulled off the '92 4x4 (Isspro unit) had a magnet on a bracket that was bolted to the oil pan and took it's signal off the crank. worked great when I was running the truck around the block a few times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance