How much more fuel for new turbo install?

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a guy were doing a fresh install of an ATS gated turbo (like the factory unit) on a stock N/A engine, how much did ATS say to turn the fuel screw? ATS doesn't have any info about IDI turbos on their site, so I thought someone here might have the instructions, or just know what it said.
Thanks
Travis..

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, just found the Banks info for their sidewinder. They say 86 down uses 1/4 turn (1 1/2 flats), and 87 up uses 1/6 turn (one flat). These numbers are their certified emission numbers. Are the ATS numbers the same, I would think so, but it'd be nice to know.
Travis..

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Mine is maxxed completely out at the moment, at low rpm with no boost if i give it too much throttle it rolls coal but once the boost passes 5 psi i can floor it and the boost will jump to around 10 and then im smoke free all the way to 15 psi of boost were i max at, i need more fuel

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i cranked mine up 2 flats when i installed my ATS turbo.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I have the factory ATS instructions sitting at home, but like others have said, about two flatts.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went 1 1/2 flats, seems to be a decent balance between smoke/haze and power. It was really flat power-wise after about 1/2 throttle, now it feels like it's actually doing something. We'll see how it goes, he's gonna take it home like that.
Travis..