how much can you safely haul in the bed of an f250?

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i read through the discussion on the max load people have hauled but what i am trying to figure out is how much i can safely load in the bed of my 89 f250 without worrying about damaging anything. I don't really want to test it and find out where the breaking point is going down the road - just want a conservative estimate. Can i load 2 tons back there without risk? Everything is stock that i know of except the tires are bigger but i don't think that matters anyway.

thanks,
Paul

ne buckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
f-250

At 2 tons,which is 4,000 pounds your truck will be sitting pretty low at the rear bumper. The front will be a little light on the steering.You should'nt break anything but I would not do it very often

02AutoWag

Reaction score
I once put 2850 pounds of moss rock in the back of my 2WD. The rear end squatted and I only drove it about 10 miles over city streets. With my C6 non-turbo, I didn't want to drive it on the highway.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Tires are super important. Many times that will be the limiting factor in weight. Just check the max lbs for each tire.

As you know these rigs will haul....maybe not legally but they will do it.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I've squeaked by short didstance drives with 3000 in the bed with load range D's, makes for a squirly front end. :eek:
I wouldn't push it any further than that tho.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
about 6000, if your manly and have a huge pair. thats with a good set of 10 plys

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every fall, I haul 2 ton of wood pellets at a time 20 miles to my parents house, 3 trips 4,000 lbs at a time. Have had 5800 # of 2b stone in the bed before, but also suffered a leaking axle seal the very same day... Coincidence? Also is a SRW 350. tires at max inflation.

supervert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had 2300lbsof scrap steel (old 460 truck) in the bed of mine and that isnt including all the tools in the tool box. about 20 miles with speeds up to 50mph. it drove fine. my truck weighs 7700 lbs with tools and driver.