HOW DIFFERENT ARE 97 SEATS AND 98 SEATS?

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a guy is selling bucket seats that are either a 97 or 98. (electric, and leather) im not sure how hard that will be to hook up to my base model f250.

but if it is a 98 set, would it require any welding? if so, i dont want to screw with it. not to mention ill already ave to figure out how to hook up wiring to them

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to say....this is something your going to have to go measure...measure...measure...make a choice on...probably have to adapt somewhat...sticking with 80-97 assures you of the correct floorpan for your truck and thus the best fit...anything can be MADE to fit...

If you want bolt it with minimal effort see above years...otherwise all bets are off....heck ferrari seats can be fitted if you really wanted too...or a prius for that matter....

Yer choice what will work for you...what's acceptable to you...

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There not bolt in items however it can be done. It's fabrication an time probley 2 days an the right tools.

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always wondered if the factory bucket seats in a 95-97 crewcab the same mounts as the buckets in a mid 80's n up supercab??

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said...measure measure measure.....then you make the choice if you want to work at that level...

Can you take this to someone if welding is needed then?????

If not maybe best to stick to years that will work then ......

Me I have some sweet buckets going in the truck...seat tracks are about 1.5 - 1.75" different in width....a problem...I DON"T THINK SO!

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a replacement years ago...dare I say on a (Dodge)... I had a 93 D350 and someone stole the nice factory buckets so I replaced em with a 60/40/60 out of a newer dodge, 96 I think. They didnt line up, but with some square tubing and a drill I was able to make em fit in an hour or so...

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
As far as wiring goes...the easiest way to get power to them might be to run a wire under the door threshold trim piece and then under the carpet to the seat base. It might not be a bad idea to look under the threshold and clean it out, as every one I've seen has about 10 lbs of sand in it that ends up trapping moisture and rotting the cab floor out...although that could just be a Gulf Coast thing. That how I ran my wires to power up the power lumbar on mine, as well as my sub wires.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crewcab and regular cab share seats. Supercab and bronco I believe are the Same. Seats from a 98 would be a f150 or light f250 based on the 1/2 ton body. So I doubt they would be bolt in. In the 83-97 style trucks I've only seen a couple supercabs that had power seats in them and they were 92-97. I myself am fond of the 40/20/40 bench seats from the 92-97 trucks.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mentioned year but not model of donor truck (f150-250etc).Remember the body style change.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went and looked at the seats. i'm almost certain they are from a 98+ f150.. they are lariat... i decided im going to resell them. i wasn't going to buy them but he said hed take $50 for them, so i said what the heck, maybe i can get them to work... but the seats must have been in a single cab truck because the backs don't go very far forward. so Ill list them in the for sale section here.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck I just recently bought the turbo out of had some NICE buckets in it with center console. Some times I really envy some of the drive train/engine deals I see posted from back east but by far us west coasters get the better deals most the time on clean rust free trucks. This truck I've been snagging stuff off of was really clean, it was kinda sad seeing it in the yard just because the PO gave up on it... You'd probably really like the seats, ZERO sag in the bottom cushion and no rips. Looked like a older gentleman's truck.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i went and looked at the seats. i'm almost certain they are from a 98+ f150.. they are lariat... i decided im going to resell them. i wasn't going to buy them but he said hed take $50 for them, so i said what the heck, maybe i can get them to work... but the seats must have been in a single cab truck because the backs don't go very far forward. so Ill list them in the for sale section here.

perhaps a little motivation for ya.

Attachments

• 03 f150 40-60 seats in 9th gen.jpg
    03 f150 40-60 seats in 9th gen.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 36

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres mine....its dirty but you get the idea

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts