Hood not straight

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed my hood's not on straight. There's about 1/3" gap on the passenger's side between the quarter panel and the side of the hood. Only 1/8", tops between the driver's side quarter panel and the side of the hood.

Is there much adjustment/wiggle room in the hood mounting assembly to take out this skew? Looks like one or 2 bolts might have worked a little loose over time, allowing the skew to occur.

Anything I should know before I go loosening bolts to try to straighten things out tomorrow?

Thanks,

Mike

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mikes91

Is there much adjustment/wiggle room in the hood mounting assembly to take out this skew? Looks like one or 2 bolts might have worked a little loose over time, allowing the skew to occur.

Definitely

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Just remember make small adjustments, also check the alignment of the hood latch after your done, I know on The Enterprise that I would have to time to time adjust the hood latch after moving the hood or otherwise it about all you could do to pull the release. You should be able to have a child pull the release when you have it adjusted correctly.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If and when you do an adjustment.....CLOSE THE HOOD SLOWLY so if it is off you dont end up causing more damage.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
If and when you do an adjustment.....CLOSE THE HOOD SLOWLY so if it is off you dont end up causing more damage.

Yeah... closing the hood ON the quarter panel wouldn't be too cool...