homemade tymar style intake??

DBogo

Reaction score
can i make a homemade tymar type air intake just using the filter some straight 4 inch pipe and some clamps if i can how do i do it and also i need the tymar filter part numbers are they the same as the BHAF on a dodge i need a responce asap to get to napa and get a filter before they close

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes you can, and you should be able to get all the parts at Napa. Filter is (Napa) 54-6637.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 45 is the slick way to go, click the link in my sig to my pics and you can see my home made open element filter set up. But you might be able to get a short piece of straight pipe to work too?

DBogo

Reaction score
does anyone think a PVC 45* would work instead of steel because i got some PVC 45's but no steel ones i just got straight steel

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have seen PVC used before, the only thing to be careful of is that you dont crush the PVC when you tighten up the clamps.

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
Straight will work, it all dpends on if you want the filter to sit nice and pretty like the stock box did, or a little sideways. Either way is effective, and yes, PVC will work, but like Stroker said....watch out on the clamping.....

Kevin

DBogo

Reaction score
if it were your truck what way would you do the 45 PVC or the straight steel

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DBogo said:
it wont melt or nothin
The black boot from the stock air box, the stock air box itself were both some type of plastic as well. So no it wont melt.

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
On my truck, I used the stock hose, cut just a tad off the stock bos where it is round and went into the hose. I didnt have to use anything but the stock hose. My filter sits at an angle behind the battery..............

Kevin