hockey pucks??

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I was looking through some sigs and noticed that a few guys have used hockey pucks for body lifts. Are there any downsides to this and what exactly do you have to do to install these as far as bolts or custom cab mounts???????

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Guilty as charged.:D

I used longer bolts as the factory mounts had to be cut out to be removed.
Total cost was under 20 bucks.

Been almost 2 years so far and no ill effects noticed and they have been worked hard!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I was looking through some sigs and noticed that a few guys have used hockey pucks for body lifts. Are there any downsides to this and what exactly do you have to do to install these as far as bolts or custom cab mounts???????

Well I have them on mine as I lost one of the spacers I had on the cab corner and it works just fine. Got them for $1 each and it has been good since. Btw I stacked 3 of them with no ill effects at least on My setup.

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hockey pucks are actually stronger than body-lift spacers. they hold up better if you actually leave the hardsuface... they are really the way to go in strength and price...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Work great. Had to use a chunk of all thread to make a longer bolt for the rear mount, used the rear bolt for the position at the front of the cab and had to make the bolts for the position at the radiator support. Drilling out all the pucks is the fun part. Works great.

Truck#3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also heard of people using those boat trailer rollers because there stronger and already have holes drilled through them.

Hallworth

Take Off! You Hoser
Reaction score
If you are going to use hockey pucks, be advised that the are illegal. I'm not saying that they don't work, or there not safe. But if by chance you get stopped or have to through an inspection and they get noticed. Your truck will be pulled of the road. I don't know about the US, but here in Canada you can be fined for using them.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
If you are going to use hockey pucks, be advised that the are illegal. I'm not saying that they don't work, or there not safe. But if by chance you get stopped or have to through an inspection and they get noticed. Your truck will be pulled of the road. I don't know about the US, but here in Canada you can be fined for using them.

never heard of them being illegal..... as long as the body is secured to the frame there's no issues....

-Jon

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

Ya, but it's not a vehicle safety issue, but rather an issue of insult against the national sport :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah I have heard of hockey pucks. But when we were doing my turbo instal, Russ brought some 1" thick aluminum that we would cut some hockey puck sized slices out as spacers. Thats what he has on his truck.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, but it's not a vehicle safety issue, but rather an issue of insult against the national sport :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

That's what I was thinking! :rotflmao

Hey you hoser! What kind of looser doesn't need ever available hockey puck for the ice rink! Spread em'!

Hallworth

Take Off! You Hoser
Reaction score
Well Guys I found out the hard way that yes they are illegal. I have the $125 ticket to go with that statement. The way I was told by the "nice" DOT officer was that they are not a DOT approved lift, spacer, or mounting bracket. I tried to argue, but there was no use. The truck was a POS anyway so I just drove it into the ground in the two weeks I had before I had to have The inspection.

Hallworth

Take Off! You Hoser
Reaction score
Hey you hoser! What kind of looser doesn't need ever available hockey puck for the ice rink! Spread em'![/QUOTE]

Ya!! Take Off EH?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this some kind of roadside inspection you got, or an annual trip to the inspection station? If roadside, thems some **** mounties you got up there. I doubt any cops in the U.S. would know what they were looking at when it comes to body lifts.