Hit the drag strip

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
This is my other 86, not my grey truck,

Here is the specs: 1986 f250 4x4 t-19 33's 6.9 been rebuilt at some time, bored.020 over new head gaskets coppercoated stock non turbo pump and factory injectors ats turbo with modded outlet housing, pump isnt maxxed and it will hit 18psi on flat ground and 21psi climbing a moutain.

So i ran it down the 1/8th mile drag strip tonight and my best time was 11.64 at 60 mph, so im going back in a couple weeks and im gonna put factory 235 tires on it, and pump my turbo pump on it and turbo injectors in the engine and see how much of a difference it makes

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let us no how she goes i am interested and hows the idi like the higher boost numbers

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
David! Nice to see you back and posting again!!! Sounds like that truck is workin pretty good!!! I can't WAIT to get my truck otgether!!!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
its so weird how the truck feels different on the road but isnt fast on the track, i can pull the mountian at 75 like nothing but only run 11.64 at 60 mph in an 1/8th mile i dont get it:dunno i expected better, but im gonna go back in 2 weeks and before i go im gonna put turbo pump and injectors on and put stock tires on instead of the 33-12.50 that are on it
over all its a pretty good truck i like it only time i really peg the boost is on the track or if im pullin something big but i try to keep it below 15 on the road, i think i saw 18 on the track, and i saw 21 pulling the mountian but i dont want to blow the gaskets again, i know they should hold pretty good cause there copper coated but still im tired of walkingLOL just trying to make real power and show it now, i wish i was doing it with my grey truck and not this one, i miss my grey truck:mad:

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Glad to see you back! Hopefully I can get my turbo all buttoned up tomorrow. Been trying to find a local dyno but there not easy to come by lol. Put this engine in the grey truck!

Did you take the turbo off the gray truck for this truck? How do you get the 2 nuts on the bottom where to turbo mounts to the pedestal? Can't for the life of me get them started.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Glad to see you back! Hopefully I can get my turbo all buttoned up tomorrow. Been trying to find a local dyno but there not easy to come by lol. Put this engine in the grey truck!

Did you take the turbo off the gray truck for this truck? How do you get the 2 nuts on the bottom where to turbo mounts to the pedestal? Can't for the life of me get them started.

Very carefullyLOL my hands are so big i usually have my fiance start the bolts then i use a ratchet wrench to tighten them, i have done it all myself i promise you can do it just be paitient

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Welcome back buddy, been wondering where you'd gone to

Thanks, i been working my ass off and paying bills not much time for anything elseLOL

I was working at a diesel shop but was only getting 7.50 an hour, now im working in a factory for 8.50, but me and a buddy is gonna run a garage on the side for extra money

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have your studs on already? If you do, I am sure you will be good hitting 21 psi. Also are you just putting a stock turbo pump and injectors on? Anyway, your truck sounds like its coming along well.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Dave, Good to see ya around again.:thumbsup: Sounds like you've been busy. Does anyone have the calculation for 1/4 mi times? I have never been down the drag strip, from what I understand, gaining performance numbers is a humbling experience. Good luck with your progress.;Sweet

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
man, you need to intercool that thing.. thats just superheated air youre putting into it at those pressures. make a world of difference having cool air

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Do you have your studs on already? If you do, I am sure you will be good hitting 21 psi. Also are you just putting a stock turbo pump and injectors on? Anyway, your truck sounds like its coming along well.

No studs

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Dave, Good to see ya around again.:thumbsup: Sounds like you've been busy. Does anyone have the calculation for 1/4 mi times? I have never been down the drag strip, from what I understand, gaining performance numbers is a humbling experience. Good luck with your progress.;Sweet

thanks man, yep very busy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online