hey thought of something kinda done before

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so take a later bronco and put in a 6.9 or old 7.3L non turbo diesel into a late model bronco 4x4 I ahve seen a few with powerchokes but nothing with a 6.9.
so I was wondering what would I have to do maybe a c6 with a gender vendors overdrive and 3.30 gears or something that low maybe. not sure, and maybe dana 60's or maybe a 9 inch in the rear. just thoughts anyone care to chime in

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so take a later bronco and put in a 6.9 or old 7.3L non turbo diesel into a late model bronco 4x4 I ahve seen a few with powerchokes but nothing with a 6.9.
so I was wondering what would I have to do maybe a c6 with a gender vendors overdrive and 3.30 gears or something that low maybe. not sure, and maybe dana 60's or maybe a 9 inch in the rear. just thoughts anyone care to chime in
do watch what year chassis you are working with. many states won't allow newer chassis and older motor combos.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put a 6.9 in a bronco
heres a link to some pics
http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/ss155/hotrod220257/
a donor truck is a must
we also converted it to coil sprung 8 lug ttb
the motor mount plates bolt in with some drilling
that dully bronco guy did the same conversion
the motor bolts right up then once the gasser mounts are removed
we made brackets to make the leaf ttb run coils
any questions pm me

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
Tom, I am currently converting a '92 F-250 IDI from 2wd to 4wd. I currently do not have the leaf springs or perches. I am interested in how you altered the 2wd shock towers to work with the 4wd front end. Do you have any drawings/schematics to show your work? I am not opposed to running the current coil spring configuration if it is fact possible. How was the ride and/or handling of the coil spring arrangement and the 4wd TTB front end?

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok and also would it be possible to put a bronco body on a f350 frame with duallies on it?i mean the duallies is easy, but... the frame I mean relocation of body mounts but wiring wouldnt be hard since ill just change the cluster etc.but if i had to could i cut the frame on back to make it fit would it just fit or not...then i could haul a fifth wheel trailer or just a regular one.lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online