help

jimmys f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am wondering about something, I am leaking some fuel from one of my injectors,,,,seems to be coming from what you would call return line hose,,and that tee or whatever it is called is kinda loose,,,but anyweay i got a kit with new tees o rings clamps and hoses copper washers,,,is there trick to changing orings and all,,,don't want to do it again,,,truck runs fine just have that drip

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
Just make sure that the "Ts" snap on firmly. You should be able to hear or at least feel it seat fully. The 5/8" injector line nut should not touch the plastic T at all.

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lay out your caps first to make sure you have the right ones. There are two styles, the newer ones are offset and older ones are centered. The layout of where to use the Singles, the Doubles, the Ell's and the Tee's varies by aspiration style but if you lay it out to turbo style you cant go wrong.
That's just moving the crossover to the front of the Intake Manifold Air Horn instead of behind it.
Clean the area around the caps and injectors first.
Use vaseline on the o-rings, put the top one on first, then slide the lower one over it. Then the caps. Some take an old o-ring and set it on top of the cap before putting the injector line nut back on to help hold the cap in place. The fuel hoses need to be cut to about 4" each IIRC.
I put the clamps on first and then use a razor blade on those.
I think its easier to assemble one side ( 4 caps & 3 hoses) on the bench with the clamps not yet "home" and then set the assembly on the injectors, twist the clamps to where I can get to them, and set them.
Be very careful starting the line nuts onto the injectors. Cross threading is the danger and expensive . Torque line nuts to 22 ft#. Check for leaks..
Save the copper washers for when you get new injectors.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You can use a deep socket (bigger then the threads on the injector) and a extension to tap or push the injector caps in place. As said use vaseline.

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
+1. I almost suggested that, but didn't b/c I broke two of mine doing that. You probably don't need to be as forceful as I was though:rotflmao