HELP

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
So i just bought this 05 f350 last weekend and i go to drive somewhere today and tons of white smoke is pouring out of the exhaust and a tiny bit under the hood.... help please lol Im still under warranty but damn

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
no mods, All stock, just bought it from a dealer last week. and yes it overheatted last night. its at around 66 k miles so i have warranty left.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is time to find a GOOD dealer for the 6.0L in you area. I would ask around or any mechanics you know to go to a good one. I live less than a mile from a dealer and am going to drive about 70 miles to a dealer to get mine worked on........

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headgasket. Most likely anyway. Sorry, but at least it is under warranty. Your body will be coming off your truck, so check it over good when you get it back. Any idea why it overheated? You do still have your IDI don't you? :backoff:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry about that.... I should have said what is probally wrong. Headgasket, or EGR Cooler. Just wanted to make sure you got it into a good shop.

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
its actually the drivers side head. gonna cost me about 4000 cause apparently only the trans is under warranty. and Yes i still have my idi

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is the Trans only under warrenty? The Engine has a 5yr/100K Mile warrenty on it... seperate from the truck warrenty.....

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to contact another dealer. There is a 5yr/100K that has nothing to do with the 3/36. They are trying to pull one over on you.

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
I was thinking that too. I was told the 6.0 had head issues and there was an update. The truck was running strong till last night. so hopefully there isnt more damage then the obvious

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you bought it from a Ford dealer they should have disclosed the voided warranty during the purchase process. If not I would ask them to take the truck back and return all your money.

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
well i got it about 5 hours from here in warsaw indiana. it was a small dealership. the trucks immaculate except that issue. but its bein taken care of now. it was unexpected but f**k it. getting it done. trannys still got a warranty so thats good

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online