help with exhaust

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright..i decided to get rid of the ****** stock dual exhaust on the ol 82 burb. i want a single pipe..just like my ram had, my question is..has anyone ran a single exhaust? has anyone ran straight pipes on it? what does it sound like? how loud is it? is 3" single enough..i can get a great deal on 3" setup for it, the guy i used to tech for has everything in stock...but he cant bend 4". we looked at it and decided the best way to cross the drivers pipe over was right behind the t-case and then merge into a single 3" pipe. he's gonna use clamps so it can be taken apart if need be...right now it has some old ****** 2" duals on it with big ol mufflers. right now it sounds alot like a gasser. i figured cummins used 3" on all there trucks up to the new modles and it flowed just fine...am i wrong in thinking it will be fine on the 6.2? thanks in advance.

Jarlaxle

Bregan D'aerthe
Reaction score
IIRC, the Banks hi-flow exhaust for the 6.2 turbo is a 3" pipe. That's what my wife's Blazer got (single 3" pipe, not a Banks turbo kit). It was a noticeable boost, but it replaced a single 2.25" pipe & $10 Midas muffler. I used a Dynomax 3" inlet/outlet muffler.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks...so that sums it up..3" is enough. but has anyone straight piped one?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the 6.5td's in the fleet are straight piped. i wouldn't straight pipe a na truck unless you don't have noise restrictions where you live.

chevydiesel

Reaction score
Ditto on not straight pipin' a 6.2 non turbo. They're gonna be pretty loud. You don't want that gasser exhaust rumble do you?

Find a used muffler off a duramax or other diesel, could quieten it down a bit.

Flowmaster maybe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726