help please

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
ok guys so i just replaced the ip and injectors today and got it timed by a shop here now it runs rough at idle i dont know what to do help please

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh oh. Where did the new parts come from if you don't mind my asking? All the same code injectors? Any chance it could be any loose fuel lines? What are your idle rpms?

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
well i got them fron pensacola i heard both good and bad about them so i was hoping i would get a good batch. i installed the pump then had it timed then i did injectors tonight and replaced the return tees and lines could it just be as simple as air somewhere or is it for sure injectors

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It very well could be. It could also be that the new injectors are effecting the timing, and causing the issue. That's because they will have higher pop pressures than the old worn out injectors. This is a good thing but you may need to have that engine retimed. Also you'll want to make sure that the idle is 550-750 rpm. Was it ok before you added the new injectors or did the problem start with the new IP?

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
it ran real smooth with the old stock injectors even tho they were leakers the were the origanal along with the ip and i just rolled over 200,000 so i thought it was about time so i might just need it timed again

91ford7.3td1in

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my truck when i start it it would idle really rough for a bit then quit my problem was the fuel shutoff swith or solinoid( and yes i know i cant spell) that was making it do that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online