Help me decide, E4OD vs ZF5

Daryl4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair, with how quickly they're trying to push self-driving cars down our collective throats, the other two pedals and the steering wheel are becoming an endangered species. Won't stop me from fighting both trends to the death, though.

Collective is the word there friend. While this time I'm choosing to keep it auto, and one day maybe I'll choose to have some self driving features. It's all about the choice, a choice they are clearly intent on taking away. For a long time I thought the tipping point was going to be my guns, it's starting to look like they may be coming for my truck first. To that I say Molon Labe as well, they may get it one day but it and my guns will be hot and empty.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Collective is the word there friend. While this time I'm choosing to keep it auto, and one day maybe I'll choose to have some self driving features. It's all about the choice, a choice they are clearly intent on taking away.
I'm actually more worried about the auto insurance companies than the government. Once self-driving cars are "mainstream", it'll just be a matter of time before auto insurance companies decide that "traditional" cars are too risky to maintain current insurance levels, and they'll either stop offering coverage altogether or they'll jack the rates up so high that the average person can't afford to insure a "traditional" car anymore.

Don't get me started on the millions of driving jobs that'll be taken away when trucking companies, bus fleets, etc. start automating their vehicles...

Daryl4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually more worried about the auto insurance companies than the government. Once self-driving cars are "mainstream", it'll just be a matter of time before auto insurance companies decide that "traditional" cars are too risky to maintain current insurance levels, and they'll either stop offering coverage altogether or they'll jack the rates up so high that the average person can't afford to insure a "traditional" car anymore.
Auto insurance companies, government, what's the difference? It's government that has given the insurance industry the stranglehold over us that it has. I F'n HATE insurance companies been ripped off by every single one I've ever had. It's a stupid racket, let's see pay someone so I can fight with them later to get back my own money, no thank you. I'll drive without insurance, a license, etc. if that's what it takes.

Don't get me started on the millions of driving jobs that'll be taken away when trucking companies, bus fleets, etc. start automating their vehicles...
I drive truck, not worried about that aspect of it at all, at least not in my lifetime. They still can't get the google car over 25mph, the Tesla keeps running into walls, and the test truck hit a low bridge. Be a looonnng time before they won't require a driver for a commercial truck. Heck job may even get easier, maybe someday soon I can hit autopilot and post here while getting paid.

Hey, automated may be a good thing, if it gets rid of all those swift drivers. Lol
Swift drivers are nothing next to all the immigrant can haulers around here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online