Help! fuel return lines

adyszel

Reaction score
Hey guys I really could use some advice. I hooked up a clear tube from the filter down to the return system. I cranked the motor over and my buddy watched the tube. BIG bubbles (voids of 1 or more inches) coming from the return system headed towards the filter housing. I was only able to start the truck after bleeding all injection lines and flooring the accelerator. And basically if I let off it would immediately stall. The bubbles were only big when the engine was firing, and not as significant before. (Which would explain why it was easier to start than restart. I then tried capping off the elbow on the filter so there was no return from the filter. I basically got the same result, it was running on maybe 4-6 of the cylinders, and barely. I wanted to check the flow of the supply pump while cranking but didn't have the chance yet. Does this sound like a bad injector bleeding cylinder pressure into the lines?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to stop messing around and put an electric pump on this thing and ditch the mechanical one. Too much going on to be cranking the engine all time for these tests.