HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Engine stalls.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...The truck has 292,000 miles. ... The truck has the original injector pump and injectors. ....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

DUDE! With almost 300,000 miles on the original IP and injectors, this is just a frickin' coincidence! If you had just looked at it funny that day, it would have started to do what it did.

Your pump must have been bitten by a zombie to live this long!

Gold plate that thing and mount it on a piece of mohogany, then go out and get a new pump and injectors! Don't even think of wasting a single moment trying to fix it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You guys are amazing being able to run an injector and injection pump that long... Those are a prize. Mount them on a plack and adore them for the rest of your life. they served you well beyond any expected lifetime. Give them a retirement and install all new parts. I'll bet you will think you just added two more cylinders to your big V8 diesel. Its increditable what power we tend to find when the fuel system is upgraded... Drag.... Didn't you buy 5 or 7 Uhaul pumps...:sly:angel:

DragHag

Reaction score
I have a question for anyone running the Dura-Lift pump. When the truck is idling and the pump is running does your pump have little air bubbles in the filter bulb? I was thinking maybe one of my clamps might not be tight on my suction line and its sucking a very small amount of air into the system. Here are a couple of photo's of the rig.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

DragHag

Reaction score
"UPDATE"

Okay I just gave the truck a hefty dose of Diesel Kleen :D. I also empty the fuel filter and refilled it with 20% Diesel Kleen and 80% ATF ;Sweet. I started the truck and ran it for 3 minutes to circulate everything and I also double checked my hose clamps to make sure they were all tight. The pump still creates little bubbles while running so hopefully that's normal :confused:.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i have the same pump mine makes no bubbles thats a nice bracket you made by the way
i have mine rigged on my ac accumulator so it sits higher than the rest of the fuel system maybe thats the reason i have no bubbles idk

DragHag

Reaction score
i have the same pump mine makes no bubbles thats a nice bracket you made by the way
i have mine rigged on my ac accumulator so it sits higher than the rest of the fuel system maybe thats the reason i have no bubbles idk

Thanks, yeah I don't know about the bubbles either. Did you use any thread sealer on your fittings? I didn't because the tapered thread is suppose to be self seal.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah I don't know about the bubbles either. Did you use any thread sealer on your fittings? I didn't because the tapered thread is suppose to be self seal.

Use some sort of thread sealer. The tapered threads "should" be self sealing, but the brass or plastic fittings and bosses seldom do without stripping first.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i dont remeber if i sealed mine i dont seem to have any issues either way though and ya mine only puts out 10 psi with engine off sits around 7 at idle

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just paint some permatex avaition cement on the fitting now. It will seal them if they are sucking air. Or smear some rtv around the threaded fitting. Lots of ways to seal a fitting without taking it apart...:sly:angel: