Hello from a fellow IDI owner

Rxracer

Reaction score
Well figured i would do a intro thread since i have been a member for a few years and never really posted. When i originally joined it was to get info for my pops for his truck, since than i have purchased my own IDI and have done quite a bit of work to it.
I found a 89 f350 CC 4x4 on the local CL with brand new tires for 2000 OBO. Unfortunatally the paint was not the best and trans didnt shift real well but had an ats 088 kid in the back seat so i figured win win. I haggled with the guy a little and got him down to 1800 bux made the purchase and that was in April of 2012.

Here was the truck when i brought it home:

You must be registered for see images attach

After i got it i decided to go 5 speed cause i hate auto trans. So i picked up a zf and started the swap. I have some of the pics of the trans swap but everyone knows what thats like. the day after i did the trans swap we also installed the turbo kit onto the truck. Drove it for around 500 miles installed what i was told was a new set of BB code injectors than randomly seemed to crack the rings on cylinder number 4. Did some searching on CL and scored a motor out of seattle with 70k miles or under for 250 bux. My dad and i made the trip over and picked up the complete 88 can motor. Got it back and the next weekend i cleaned up the motor real nice put a fresh coat of paint on it and got it installed.

Over the next month or so my brother and i did a shackle reversal and got her lefted around 3" and added some 315 tires to make it look less short and long. Here are some pics of the fishined products for those who want to see. Paint still sucks but the truck runs really well.

and here is the load i towed up for vacation at the end of august. all the mods that we did to the truck was over a 4 months span.

engine shot:

Stuff i have replaced so far:
full 4" strait exhaust and 3" down pipe
Full serpentine set up
new alternator
new belt
all new hoses
new radiator (aluminum)
new clutch master and slave cylinder
new pilot bearing
new throw out bearing
newer starter
new batteries
all new u joints
new driveline
new power window motor

and im sure im forgetting some stuff but oh well.
Enjoy the pics if you have any questions LMK
Rob

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome is in order to this forum I guess. Looks like you have made this rig your own by all the work you have done to it. By looking at the number 4 injector line I'm thinking you have a van engine in the truck. Did the engine seller tell you this engine was from a van. If so I know the oil cooler needed to be changed for the truck oil cooler and the drivers side exhaust manifold needed to be changed too. Nice looking rig riding that high...

Rxracer

Reaction score
Welcome is in order to this forum I guess. Looks like you have made this rig your own by all the work you have done to it. By looking at the number 4 injector line I'm thinking you have a van engine in the truck. Did the engine seller tell you this engine was from a van. If so I know the oil cooler needed to be changed for the truck oil cooler and the drivers side exhaust manifold needed to be changed too. Nice looking rig riding that high...

Ya he informed me of it and i knew when i saw it lol here is a pic of the motor when i got it and after i pressure washed it:

Ya i plan to keep the truck for a long while.
Rob

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Nice ride and thanks for the introduction. Are you running 4:10's with those tires? The pacific northwest seems to have an abundance of cclb trucks. Mine was a logging truck out of the Portland, OR area. The 315's look really good. I have a set of superduty springs waiting for me to do a shackle reversal.:sly Good luck with your rig, the srw cclb 4x4's are hard to beat if you ask me.;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to OB.

Love the crew cab!

Thanks for the pics. Hope to see you at a Rally one of these days.

Heath

Rxracer

Reaction score
Ya the truck came with 410s and thats one of the reasons i jumped up to the 315s. My brother alsl has a 85 cclb but his has a 12 valve cummins swap. Mine is set up the same as his we both habe the same lift set up ect.
My only issue is i got one of the dreadded zf trans that kick out of reverse so i scored another one just habe to go get it and the rest of my parts including a complete 7.3 with 126k on it. Than do the trans swal again lol
I am going to ship off my new set of BB code injectors to type4 tbis week to get pop tested amd matched so i dont habe to worry about that.

I have a holeset hx40 sitting on the shelf i habe been thinking about mocking up and putting on jusy worried about the possibilities of lag. Although mine has the small hot side 17cm and its an 8 blade and with those twl factors it may help the lag out.
Rob

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, love the CCLBs myself. Just an idea that worked for me if you want to spiff up the appearance. I used Meguiars (sp?) cleaner wax on mine and WOW what a difference to the faded oxidized paint. Before and after pics are in the link in my signature. Have fun with the truck and welcome to Oil Burners!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online