Heating WMO

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i cant say for sure about pulling it out of the tank but those lines are thicker, they primary reason for heating i thought was to heat it for the motor. maybe some people with more experience heating WVO can chime in.

mankypro - i have heard that those little heaters are a great way of heating things up before they hit your engine. i haven't used one myself just passing on what i have heard. that and since it is electric you don't have to worry about your engine warming up.

which leads to another point. it might be easier to wire up a pad heater and faston it to the bottom of your tank instead of piping coolant back there.......

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Was actually thinking of doing both. The line heater to make sure the oil is 150F before it hits the IP and injectors - the radiator approach would take over after the engine reached temp, then the inline jobber would thermostatically shut itself off.

i cant say for sure about pulling it out of the tank but those lines are thicker, they primary reason for heating i thought was to heat it for the motor. maybe some people with more experience heating WVO can chime in.

mankypro - i have heard that those little heaters are a great way of heating things up before they hit your engine. i haven't used one myself just passing on what i have heard. that and since it is electric you don't have to worry about your engine warming up.

which leads to another point. it might be easier to wire up a pad heater and faston it to the bottom of your tank instead of piping coolant back there.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online