Heated fuel filter ...

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's the way id go right there if i ever needed to keep my filters warm but they blend the fuel so they're really just not needed these days.iv got the oem ones bypassed and iv only had trouble one time when i got some water that started to freeze in my filter.since it only happened that one time,i never did put a heater blanket on it.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty good heat output on the 3" 100 watt version since the stock heater is closer to 20-30 watts. The 12v option seems like a good idea for improving straight WMO or WVO flow through the filter and into the IP. I may have to try one out!

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar wrap around heater I use on my fuel filter. After I first got the truck, I had trouble with glycerin in the fuel blinding the filter when it got below 10°. Above 10° was no problem. Anyway, the blanket heater kept the truck running no matter how cold it got. I have dropped and thoroughly cleaned the tanks, so residual glycerin coating the inside of the tanks is no longer a problem. With the winter blend diesel and fuel additive, I haven't needed the wrap around filter, but it is nice to have it on there "just in case". Where did that residual glycerin come from you ask? Perhaps the by-product of improperly concocted bio-diesel blends purchased by the Air Force from the lowest bidder!