Headlight H4 Kits IPF vs LMC vs ?

MotleyCrueCab

Registered Abuser
Reaction score
On the jeep, I recently did a H4 conversion kit using IPF (ARP) ($70 for the pair) lenses, and IPF FATBOY H4 bulbs ($80) for both. These things are incredible. Especially the low beams, best I have seen besides an HID setup. The High beams, are very good as well. My truck sits in the shop next to where I was working on the jeep and I discovered that they use the same stock headlights. So that got me thinking which kit I wanted to used when I do the truck. Can anybody compare the LMC to the IPF or any other brand. The IPFs are made by ARPs brand of lighting and are absolutely top notch, but I like other peoples opinions / experiences before I make another purchase...

Thanks

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Huh? Whats an H4? IPF? ARP (Fasteners)? FATBOY?????

Are you talking about the relay kit? Or are you talking about stuffing HID's into non projection headlight assemblies? Because putting HID's into non projection headlight assemblies is stupid. We can't drive anywhere at night without running into some stupid kid that thought it was cool and necessary to stuff some purple or blue HID bulb into his stock Honda headlight assembly and blinding us.

MotleyCrueCab

Registered Abuser
Reaction score
Huh? Whats an H4? IPF? ARP (Fasteners)? FATBOY?????

Are you talking about the relay kit? Or are you talking about stuffing HID's into non projection headlight assemblies? Because putting HID's into non projection headlight assemblies is stupid. We can't drive anywhere at night without running into some stupid kid that thought it was cool and necessary to stuff some purple or blue HID bulb into his stock Honda headlight assembly and blinding us.

Sorry, I meant to say ARB not ARP, its a company who makes air lockers, bumpers, and all sorts of off road oriented accessories, they are well known and manufacture high quality products. The lenses are designed as a upgraded replacement for the exsisting sealed beams, which are designed for the common H4 bulb. The lmc kit seems to be a very common up grade on this site, and as I have no experence with it and only with the IPF kit I wanted to know how the quality compared to the IPF kit I just installed. The "FATBOY" is just the name of the bulbs I got with the lights, its a "specality" bulb, and works very well...
I should have included links to the products I was mentioning, so here goes:

LMC kit: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=60
IPF kit and "FatBoy Bulb": http://www.rocky-road.com/xjipfH4.html and
http://store.arbusa.com/IPF-H4-Rectangular-Headlight-Insert-820H-P3634.aspx

tenlug

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to rocky road, been looking for the 100/170 watt bulbs. Steve

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the IPF kit, but I installed the LMC kit last year. It was straight forward and clean. Worked great too

MotleyCrueCab

Registered Abuser
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online