HE351VE Remote Mount Turbo

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I but you are loosing alot of power not having those pipes tight. I bet it does have pick up from less boost I make 10-12 non gated 088 now that I maxed my pump ext srw. I took a ride in towcats heavy truck more than mine by alot cc drw plus loaded heavy. Mine was quicker but he made 5 or 6psi intercooled 093 his felt different than mine like more to it idk how to explain it.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I but you are loosing alot of power not having those pipes tight. I bet it does have pick up from less boost I make 10-12 non gated 088 now that I maxed my pump ext srw. I took a ride in towcats heavy truck more than mine by alot cc drw plus loaded heavy. Mine was quicker but he made 5 or 6psi intercooled 093 his felt different than mine like more to it idk how to explain it.

Oh for sure. I'm sure I"m missing a TON of boost and response w/ this darn leak. I'm pretty annoyed we didn't catch this earlier in teh build. As it turns out, whats going on is the Y Pipe I had ordered from Napa is a little mis shaped. It's the right Y pipe and all, but the passenger side bend before the coupling is just a little off, and it will not seat quite right to the exhaust manifold. We've tried and tried, and it can't be "man handled" into position. Possibly this weekend I"ll get over to my buddies house thats a better welder than I, and we'll cut and rebuild that section of pipe.

My guess is once tghis is done I'll have to "relearn" the turbo action again. RIght now I"ve got my wastegate set right where I like it. Max boost is about 14psi and the turbo is opened up quite a bit. I'm guessing I"ll have to open it up even more and sooner.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You ever figure out why that driving video wasn't posting? Sorry to be annoying. I'm just interested in your setup. Lol.

wmoguy

Reaction score
You ever figure out why that driving video wasn't posting? Sorry to be annoying. I'm just interested in your setup. Lol.

Yea I guess iPhone has a limitation on how big of file u can upload to Youtube (at least thats what I'm told?)

I'm going to try and fix the Y Pipe exhaust leak issue this weekend, and maybe reshoot some footage thats shorter

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool. If that doesn't work, you can always take the file off your phone and put it on the computer and then load it from there.

turbonator

gm diesel guys, AKA turbonator
Reaction score
The turbo itself is roughly 12" in diameter. It can not be clocked so you are stuck having the exhaust feeding into the turbine side from the top side.

it can be clocked, there is just a bit of trimming that needs to be done on the pad where the old dodge controller bolts, take a bit off the inside corner next to the exhaust housing, and it clocks... also i am curious what kind of drive pressure you are seeing when you are cruising at 6 psi.... by the way nice job.....;Sweet

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
91dirtydiesel is putting one where the passenger side battery is. He is clocking the turbo so it does work. He also posted some size comparison photos versus an 093 over at FTE. I'll post them over here later today when I get home.

wmoguy

Reaction score
update:

Ill get some video footage made up soon. Just got the exhaust manifold leak all buttoned up. Pretty sure I've had a leak longer than I thought I did. I now build 3psi @ 1300 rpm driving llike there is an egg under the go pedal. I've got to play with the setup a little as its too "tight" down low IMO. If I romp on it I can build 10psi before I get out of 1st gear and I get a little turbo surge. Time to relearn the turbo some

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7