Has anyone tried waterwetter?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would venture to guess that it isn't, but I don't know for certain...hopefully someone else will chime in.

FWIW, quite a few people in the Mercedes diesel crowd swear by the stuff...personally, I don't know if it does anything or not...

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yes it is compatible - want a bottle? If so send me your shipping address via PM and I'll get a bottle out to ya. I came upon it a few years back when I was fighting my overtemp condition in The E - a member from out in Kali sent me a bottle and I still have it... so it can be yours if you like... I'll do the same deal he did for me - you pay no shipping and nothing for it... Only requirement is to give a report on it's performance.

But it does say on the side of the bottle that it will work with other corrosion inhibitors and low silicate anti-freeze (diesel approved coolant). It also goes on to say on the side of the bottle that it helps prevent cavitation liners and water pumps...

The bottle that I have in my hand is Red LIne Diesel Water Wetter Super Coolant - says that it will run up to 20° cooler.

Just let me know if you would like it...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
argve said:
The bottle that I have in my hand is Red LIne Diesel Water Wetter Super Coolant - says that it will run up to 20° cooler.
FWIW, I believe that's 20 degrees of block temperature cooler...and that the water temperature will remain the same. So, I don't think the difference is really noticeable. I didn't notice any coolant temp change on the Benz when I put it in...and I've never tried it in the truck.

I believe Water Wetter's supposed to help with heat transfer, so MAYBE a difference would be noticed in EGT's? Since it doesn't change the temperature that the thermostat opens at, the coolant temp won't change...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used it on everything from motorhomes to airport baggage tugs. I am going to use it in my truck when the diesel goes in. I will run it without first to do a baseline. I had a customer with a 440 dodge Bigass motorhome and it sat right on 210 with a 180 stat in, put in the water wetter and dropped 15 degrees on the flats and 10 in the hills, this is with Stewart Warner guages and the owner was a retired logger. He watched his gauges. My 2 c w :thumbsup:
Russ

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
Its popular with the motorcycle racing crowed (but mostly because its track-legal rather than due to its cooling abilities). Whatever the case, it won't keep it from freezing up in cold weather so be careful.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used something similar to water wetter on my way to SC from CA a couple weeks ago.

Water temps never got above halfway through the gauge travel, even on long hills. Pulling 6200 pounds.

Wonderful stuff.

Mike

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
When the EGT's go up, so do the coolant temps. Anything to keep the temp down around 220 would be good in my book.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was allways told that the best "cooling effect" with that stuff is when it is used with all water. I used it once in my truck with antifreeze and didnt see much if any improvement. But I only used one bottle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online