Anyone done a large aux c6 trans cooler?

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Wrenchmonkey316

Yes 6.0 Powerstroke trans cooler , no fan. Didn’t need it but I also don’t live in phoenix. I used it inline with the cooler in the radiator and the stock e4oD trans. I also made new trans lines because I didn’t like the routing.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
I just realized that if you add a big auxiliary cooler that holds an extra quart or whatever you should have a higher fluid capacity like the deep pan. Otherwise it seems you could cause another problem with insufficient fluid in the pan. Or.. Am I making it a bigger deal than it really is? Because that happens a lot.. :)

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Am I making it a bigger deal than it really is?
I would say most likely. You check the transmission fluid with the engine running. That means that the torque convertor is turning the pump in the transmission so the fluid is being pushed through the cooler. The dipstick will still only read the amount of fluid that's currently in the transmission when you pull the dipstick out to check. There won't be any low fluid because of a big cooler.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
Yeah that totally makes sense. Show’s you one thing for sure, I usually let the quick lube do that part if I can avoid it. :/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online