hard steering

PAPA BEAR

Reaction score
:frustrate Have a question about 99.5 f350 7.3 dually. if you have one ,can you turn your wheels with your foot on the brake pedal while you are stopped?
I have replaced the hydrobooster, p/s pump,gearbox and balljoints. If i have my foot on the brake i cant turn the wheel,FORD says its normal i dont believe them I dont remember it being like that when i got it 2 years ago.
Please let me know if yours is like this. THANKS in advance

PAPA BEAR

Reaction score
NO S**T THOUGHT IT WAS JUST MINE,I DONT REMEMBER IT BEING LIKE THAT WHEN I FIRST GOT IT THANKS

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
This is the "advantage" of hydroboost ????????? Try backing a goose-neck cattle trailer in a real tight spot where you are on brake and suddenly NO STEERING ?? Yes this can be nerve awakening to say the least !!!!!! What is the solution-put in two P/S pumps . . one for brakes and one for steer?? I am glad someone other than myself has experienced this. I just thought I was having "bad hair days"
And like you said, Ford says everything is "within specs" I wonder if the Dodge boys with hydraboost have this problem????
Foxman

PAPA BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah i pull a 40 ft 5th wheel. Try putting that in one of those tiny campsites on a hill ,not able to turn the wheel with your foot on the brake and a tree 3ft in front of you. SUCKS I FEEL YOUR PAIN! lol

PAPA BEAR

Reaction score
Thats funny I just called them yesterday and they told me to call VANCO in california about an upgraded hydrobooster. lol They advised to get the booster first then the pump if the booster doesnt do enough. thanks for the info. phil;Sweet