Hard Starting in the Morning

pfarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everone!

I have been buried under wheat claims and haven't had much time to do anything. You are not going to believe how stupid I feel right now. Last week I came outside one morning to crank my pick up to go look at a wheat field and lo & behold...door-nail dead. (Had to take hubby's Dodge..that was embarrassing!) Turns out....one of my batteries had shorted out, apparently a long time ago. The other battery has been starting the pick up (all by itself) every morning for a long time until it finally gave up. So..according to the Interstate battery guy, I've had at least one dead battery for a while and the other one finally gave up. It does seem like it still takes a long time in the morning (cranking) before it turns over, but it has a lot more energy doing it. Does this make sense to y'all?

Take care and let me know what you think..

Priscilla

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its under the pass. side of the front bumper. It is usually tucked up under the front valence but its there. You will need to plug it in for at least three hours for it to make it warm.

1992F-250IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i read online that the the 05 model did not come with a cord 06 did but the truck started this morning and moms off to the horse show so ill look later

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I start my 6.0 well well below 0 without plugging in. I dont think VA is that cold.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it doesnt start nicely above 0 you need to have it looked at. Im not saying you SHOULDNT plug it in...I'm saying you shouldnt HAVE to plug it in.

RescueF250

Reaction score
I start my 6.0 well well below 0 without plugging in. I dont think VA is that cold.

If your replying to me, im probably spraying alot more fuel then you are, and believe me a 6.0 with bigger injectors is not good sounding in the morning. It helps and and easy on the truck itself. Also for the topic try checking your STC fitting unless its already been updated.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your replying to me, im probably spraying alot more fuel then you are, and believe me a 6.0 with bigger injectors is not good sounding in the morning.

I wasnt but uhh.... thanks for checkin back in. July 07?;Really

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bossviking

Members online