Had to share....

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
So, I finally got my fuel system working and 12 hours later, NO leaks or air in the fuel lines!!! (yay me.. right?) ;Sweet

So today I get bored and start being my normal mechanical minded tweak monger and during some wiring boredom my stereo and cb (same circuit) arc for whatever reason. Now, at some point here ( and I have no idea in hell when...) My rear fuel tank sending unit decided it wanted to work... So I am sitting there staring at my fuel gauge with a daffy duck "wah da fuh" look of my face wondering if there was a ghost in my fuel tank. So I select the side tank with the key on and it goes to empty, back to rear, 1/4 tank. About 5-6 tank selections later, still works. So thats improvement I guess.. Just weird that it coincides with the arc of the radio/cb wiring. :dunno

I would like to know how I cause random things like this to happen... Last time was my friends car. I touched his 1988 acura legends roof and the sunvisor courtesy lights start working for the first time EVER..... I must be weird... cookoo

Anyone need any random voodoo related magic touches on their rigs??? :rotflmao

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
The gauges on my 94 used to go all haywire and ping out and die out all the time just randomly. Used to **** me off so I went and got a hammer and when I came back to the truck they worked fine, so I left the hammer in the floorboard and they havent acted up since. I guess I scared it.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
My last truck had a weird short that popped up out of nowhere, turned the lights on, radio would turn off, fuse would pop for the dash lights, radio would come back on. Weird because the radio had worked fine for months before this.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possibly a bad ground. The arc you say may not have been the only arc that occured. Sometimes in the circuit path, you might have a bad connection elsewhere. The sudden high current can be enough to break through oxidation and re-establish good continuity somewhere. I've seen it many times before. Sometimes the best way to get something to conduct is to cause a short and work backwards from there.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That arc could have bridged some corrosion.

More likely though the switch is bad. My switch works 10% of the time. It works every time but takes some rocking back n forth.
Hit things, It helps shake them back into connection. Or repeatedly push pull wobble/etc. Blower motor never came on for my friends ferd. I punched the dash decent and vroom.
So, I finally got my fuel system working and 12 hours later, NO leaks or air in the fuel lines!!! (yay me.. right?) ;Sweet

So today I get bored and start being my normal mechanical minded tweak monger and during some wiring boredom my stereo and cb (same circuit) arc for whatever reason. Now, at some point here ( and I have no idea in hell when...) My rear fuel tank sending unit decided it wanted to work... So I am sitting there staring at my fuel gauge with a daffy duck "wah da fuh" look of my face wondering if there was a ghost in my fuel tank. So I select the side tank with the key on and it goes to empty, back to rear, 1/4 tank. About 5-6 tank selections later, still works. So thats improvement I guess.. Just weird that it coincides with the arc of the radio/cb wiring. :dunno

I would like to know how I cause random things like this to happen... Last time was my friends car. I touched his 1988 acura legends roof and the sunvisor courtesy lights start working for the first time EVER..... I must be weird... cookoo

gandalf

Reaction score

May the Force be with you.;Sweet

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Yea, my interior light doesn't work by the switch (its been swapped with a known good one) , my radio stays on with my headlight switch pulled out in either position. Coming to Florida anytime soon? Lol

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the past couple years my drivers window doesn't want to roll down some of the time so I just bash the switch and try again untill it works, my CD player wouldn't eject unles I hit eject waited a second and hit the dash fonsey stley then some one stoll it. wiers thing is the old sterio was wired with constant hot to both leads so I had to turn it off manuely but when I went to put the new sterio in there was no constant hot for the battery but the keyed hot was there.