Guys out there with 85 super cab ford 4x4 diesel

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey fellow idi'rs if thats even a word..wat the hell it should be! but i was wondering if anyone with a truck like mine an 85 f250 supercab 4x4 diesel. what size rear drums and shoes do they take? i wasnt able to take measurements due to my father scrapping the old drums and shoes before i could get new ones...any ideas friends???

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as i said. my old man scrapped the shoes and drums i have nothing to measure by haha. pads are still on the front they dont need replaced.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
I belive measuring the front pads will tell you what is needed in the rear ie. Go to napa ask for brakes they ask what size you say I have x. Inch front pads ... o ok that means you have a 7600gvw truck

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autozone should be able to tell you if you have the gvw rating from the door tag.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you have a Sterling rear end and 8800 GVW, which is a 3" wide pad from what I have seen. 2 1/2" is on the semi floater rear end (never cam behind a diesel), and dually use a 3 1/2"?
Somebody else want to verify this?

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys... see i was almost positive these trucks didnt have the same size front pads but now it makes sense... its 8500gvw i know that with sterling 10.25 rear. what would you guys recommend as to what brand i should buy? i heard motorcraft was junk but from what i found the front pads def do more work than the rears so would it really matter??