Greetings from Australia

93 RHD

Reaction score
I don't know anyone else over here that owns an idi so you guys are a life line for me, thanks for all the replies and much needed lessons on computers and these trucks. On Aussie F series and cars with a column shift, the shifter is always on the left, I can put up some pictures of the steering box and stuff soon. I wish we had junk yards like the ones over there, we have pick n pull but I never seen any F truck in those joints, my local F series wrecker is a rip off

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know anyone else over here that owns an idi so you guys are a life line for me, thanks for all the replies and much needed lessons on computers and these trucks. On Aussie F series and cars with a column shift, the shifter is always on the left, I can put up some pictures of the steering box and stuff soon. I wish we had junk yards like the ones over there, we have pick n pull but I never seen any F truck in those joints, my local F series wrecker is a rip off
we have another semi-active member here on OB known as "aussiedave". I see him more on Facebook these days though. his truck has a MWN inline 6 and his newer truck is a PSD. Still he does post some neat pics from over there.
it looks like the body and frame is designed as RHD from the ground up, but the powertrain still have a LHD focus. items like the run length and positioning of the heater hoses as well as the accesory brackets and item placement makes it interesting. is your power steering pump on the left side of the motor or did they move it over to the right side? if it's still on the left, the pressure hose must have a godawful long run.
more detailed pics please :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy mirror apparition batman! That dang truck has a whole different firewall! That must be a custom stamping from a Ford plant down under, and those dash pieces are certainly different moldings as well. Thanks for showing us your beautiful and unique (to us!) truck. I'm sure every mail carrier here in the U.S. would be envious. Those guys try to get right had drive vehicles all the time because, that's the side the mailboxes are on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online