Got to brag a bit...

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled Cajon pass the other day at 18k gross.... help 55 mph the whole way up except for 2 steep spots that slowed me down to about 52. ~19 psi boost & ~950* on the pyro. I'd say about 80-85% throttle. Hit 230* coolant and oil temp briefly at the very top. The old truck impressed me pretty good there. Round about 10 years ago I did the same hill about the same time of day (early afternoon) as the first drive with my new to me first idi..... and I think it was all that truck could do to hold 50 up the hill empty! Amazing what different a good turbo makes. :D

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you didn't even look me up and say hi. My N/A 6.9L will run up Cajon about 67 empty but rolling coal,foot on the floor.

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you didn't even look me up and say hi. My N/A 6.9L will run up Cajon about 67 empty but rolling coal,foot on the floor.

I can easily hold 65mph unloaded going up Cajon, never pulled anything up it though. Nice thing about having a turbo is it'll barely make any smoke going up the hill.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Get out of my double nickel zone sunny boy! LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

July of last year my truck towed the ill fated 06 malibu you see down to selman chevrolet in anaheim for repairs. Took the same route, but under cover of darkness to help my truck have a cool engine! If memory serves me right, hit 30 sometimes on cajon pass. Layover at the lenwood flying J, then a valero station in baker. Left around 11 pm, arrived at 7 am in anaheim.

If you want to give your truck a big workout and come to the las vegas meet and greet, take it up to mount charleston. Tallest point is 8000-8500 feet. Makes Cajon look like something your grandmother would drive! Lots of uphill, then a torture filled down hill (burn them brakes up!)

It's my goal to get my trucks injection system tip top, then throw mount charleston at it. If it does well on that unloaded, then it's ready for anything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online