Got my new tires on today!

nsjames

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. You might want to do some math and lower your bump stops. It may save your fenders in the event you have to take evasive action and run over a curb at speed or something.

bumpstops are good.

Fender trimming better.

embrace the grinder.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
when i went and met him the first time i asked him *** was up with the plow frame and he told me he hooks all kinda stuff to it to pull people out and what not. imho i think it looks a bit funny but thats just me.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look great id like to know how the do in the mud, and how they clean out. Ive got a 78 F-250 Id love to get some for it!

-Jordan-

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to get the 4x4 working to test them out in the mud. But in soft sand they barely spin to get them moving.

As for the plow mount, it works great to protect the front of the truck from tree branch's. It also provides a step for my short ass to stand on. Plus it opens up the front for air horns and a pa speaker. I like the look of it a lot better than the brush guard that was on it when i bought the truck.

I do agree the tires do look a little stuffed lol. I need to put a body lift on it or get a few more inches out of the front springs. I had to trim the drivers fender a but to keep it from hitting at full turn to the left. I also need to adjust the stop on passenger side as the tire does hit the spring a bit.

I would much prefer some more spring lift but would need a new track bar to do it. Mines about maxed out on usable length.

I would rather have had a set of 37s but they are hard to find in a 16 inch rim and tend to be worn out by 30k miles. These are a bit of an overkill bit ride and handle great and should well out last 30k and are regrovable. Plus i didn't want a mud terrain. This tread is aggressive but not to the point of being obnoxiously loud. It sounds like a squadron of old prop plans coming at you from a long ways away. With the windows closed you barely hear anything.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to swap my 4.10 axle into it. At one point i was going to swap to 3.55s but changed my mind a bit after i put the 3.55 geared Dana 60 in my truck. I have a 4.10 r&p but also have a low millage axle that would be easier to swap.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Nice. You might want to do some math and lower your bump stops. It may save your fenders in the event you have to take evasive action and run over a VW Bug at speed or something.

There, I fixed that for ya..

Bit stuffed for my tastes but I think it looks pretty cool either way. I like a little air in the wheel wells.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would probably be easier to run over my Jetta than a bug lol.

I'm thinking a 2in body lift would solve the wheel well issues. I also like more wheel well space. I had a set of 38 super swamers and they didn't fill the wheel Wells like these.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It had f350 spring in the front, but those were swapped out for springs from an 89 fsuperduty. The rear has an extra 2 inches over the factory 350 blocks. If you notice the front still sits higher than the rear.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By about 3-4 inches maybe. It needs more height in the back. I thinking about a reverse shackle in the back and building the spring pack a little higher in the front.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That gives me a good idea of where I am headed then. I am putting 4" springs on mine at some point and probably going to run some military tires on it.