got my factory turbo on, and all i can say is wow!!!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I traded a 95 psd turbo kit for a 1994 idi factory turbo kit, pretty much complete, yesterday i put it on, took about 4-5 hours and had it back on the road, i didnt touch the fuel screw on it at all, didnt wrap the up pipes cause i didnt have the money, i unplugged the wastegate and put my boost gauge in that port, and it even has the crushed factory down pipe, it whistles like crazy from idle to redline barley has any exhuast sound at all, it has no pipe past the crushed downpipe the turbo whistle is almost like a 6.0, if i rev the engine to the floor i can see almost 8psi just revving!:dunno in third if i wind it out i see a max of 11psi WOT at around 2700 RPM is when it maxes and it dont change no matter how much higher you tach it, and it dont change if i pull the mountian either, and all of that is smoke free! i could still turn my pump up 3-4 flats if i wanted to:eek:

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds almost like free power. When driving, I guess every cop will pull you over at gunpoint thinking you stole the truck.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your wastegate is still opening up at the 11 psi mark, drive pressure is overcoming the actuator and forcing it open. Adjust the rod and you should see more boost. Either that or your pump is flatlining on the fueling rate.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
That's cool. Where'd you get the PSD kit?

i still got the one i got from you, i think im gonna put it on my buddys truck that were gonna build the engine in, hes gonna pay me for it and when he pays me im gonna pay you the rest i owe you, the psd kit i traded was from a 95, from another member on here

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Sounds like your wastegate is still opening up at the 11 psi mark, drive pressure is overcoming the actuator and forcing it open. Adjust the rod and you should see more boost. Either that or your pump is flatlining on the fueling rate.

Ok i will try adjusting the rod first and if that dont work i will crank the pump up,

Just remebered i have the little arm on the side of the pump that retards the timing as the throttle is mashed is unhooked, that could have something to do with it couldnt it?

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Good to hear! Turbos and idi's are a match made in heaven :)

Should work great with your engine mods

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
My engine is an 83 low compression engine, with new headgskets, coppercoated intake and exhuast gaskets, wonder what kind of boost i can get away with?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
My engine is an 83 low compression engine, with new headgskets, coppercoated intake and exhuast gaskets, wonder what kind of boost i can get away with?

abull is pushing 22lbs on stock everything. id go all out!

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my pump turned up 2 flats and the turbo set at 10 psi...at WOT going up a relatively steep hill in 5th gear it maxes out at just a little over 1000*...and this is with the 3" outlet and downpipe and 4" exhaust. I'd say 3 flats would probably be too much.

BTW once you open up the downpipe it will be quite a bit louder.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Just went for a quick drive, and i actually can build 11psi in any gear i want too all around 3000rpm but never no higher than that, it shoots like a rocket to 11psi the boost gauge climbs as fast as the tach but it hits a wall as soon as it hits 11 psi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin