Got 'er runnin', but more glow plug issues

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got Big Red fired up this morning;Sweet . A couple of fully charged batteries and a prayer did the trick. Okay, I used a few words :D they don't want printed here, too.

Still, the glow plug controller isn't cycling like it use to before I put in the new glow plugs. And, after the engine gets to full operating temperature, the "Wait to Start" light doesn't even come on. Let her cool down and the light comes on, but no cycling.

As far as I know, the controller is getting plenty of power. When the engine is cool, the controller heats the glow plug side to about 10.5 volts and shuts down. When the engine is hot, the controller doesn't pass any power to the glow plug side.

I've checked all my connection, all the fusible links, and everything seems to be fine. What else works in conjunction with the controller? Under the hood there are 5 relays on the power distro box on the driver's side. When I turn on the key on or off 2 of them click. Are they part of the glow plug system and possibly bad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Staff online