Got another truck today.......For free!

spyder1100

Reaction score
Kinda wish I would've checked sooner. Did a check on recalls today on the truck, and it has one. To replace the CPS. Guess I could've waited and got it fixed for free. Oh well, not gonna complain. Can't have everything for free. Guess I could wait til it goes out again. Truck runs a like a champ tho. Not as good as my IDI turbo, but still VERY happy with it.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Kinda wish I would've checked sooner. Did a check on recalls today on the truck, and it has one. To replace the CPS. Guess I could've waited and got it fixed for free. Oh well, not gonna complain. Can't have everything for free. Guess I could wait til it goes out again. Truck runs a like a champ tho. Not as good as my IDI turbo, but still VERY happy with it.

Those things eat CPS anyway, why don't you make an appointment to get the thing fixed under the recall warranty and drop it off early before they open and when you do, pop the hood and put the old bad one back in, so you can have a good spare :D

spyder1100

Reaction score
You and I think alike. I was thinking that route also. Absolutely could not tell the boss about that one. That would be adding insult to injury.

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked up recalls under that one website from the govt. My 99 van has one too for the CPS. But I'm sure the last owner took care of any CPS issues. It was a former city van pool van.....

I was just curious, when you transferred the tittle- did you get hassled by your state DMV? In my state, if you 'report' that it was sold for $*** and it's lower then their 'data table', they gripe. And they 'want' to charge you based on their table.... Only way around it is to say it was a 'gift', but that can only happen once during the life of the vehicle.

spyder1100

Reaction score
It's the same here. They base it on the value of the vehicle (go by the chart). Doesn't matter what you paid for it.

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the same here. They base it on the value of the vehicle (go by the chart). Doesn't matter what you paid for it.

Ah. Try telling the DMV that it "doesn't run" and no one wanted to.... so they gave it to me for free. Sometimes those folks in there can't get it through their head that a vehicle that DOES NOT RUN (or needs work) is not valued the same as one that does run (or is 100% fine).