Got another truck today.......For free!

spyder1100

Reaction score
Actually I drove it to work today and they laughed about it. I guess they can't believe how naive they were to believe the mechanic and not listen to a second opinion. So far no hard feelings. Also forgot to mention, it had almost a full tank of fuel to boot.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Wow! :thumbsup:

I've recieved some free trucks before, but that one is nicer than the ones I have owed money on LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! Contractor headlights too. My favorite. Lucky bum! LOL

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that is a deal!;Sweet

Full tank too.....

That quote should be, "Now that is a steal!" :thumbsup:

I just realized that this thread is in the 7.3 and 6.9 IDI section and that's a PS truck...

Last edited:

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who cares! I don't frequent the ps section but always want to hear of somebody elses good fortune. Way to go!

spyder1100

Reaction score
I've got 94 IDI factory turbo too. I frequent this forum more than the PS forum too. ALOT more info on this on. I can't see me ever getting rid of the 94. I love that truck. Alot more reliable, easier to tinker with, and by the SOP it feels like it pulls better.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never hurts for the IDI guys to see what a power stork "sells" for. :rolleyes:

LOL

We will probably all own one eventually.

chach3835

DIESEL BURNER HERE
Reaction score
WOW what a hell of a deal.....................I would spit shine her up and put some wheels on it and drive past your old mechanic :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do. I guess what I mean is that eventually folks who really like their IDI will park them in the garage and restore them. Those who don't or are indifferent will run them into the ground or out of parts. Either way, your going to need to drive something else, and I would think the early PSD would be the next logical choice. They are certainly better and easier to work on that anything that came after them.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Why do I always read about this things and never get to post about them :dunno.

That truck looks great, congratulations. Looks like the mech had all the time in the world to fix it so You really did prove Your point.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Wow Great deal.;Sweet I thought I was lucky to pick up a free 1973 Ford Maverick. cookoo Well with only a $50 investment, you can spend lots of money on mods.:peelout