Got a spare IP?

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to put the famous Moose Pump to my truck, but the problem is that i don't have a pump to send to Mel. So if you have a spare IP, let me know.

My truck is factory turbo, but if i have understood correctly, if the pump is from 7.3 IDI Mel can make the conversion...

Thanks

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to put the famous Moose Pump to my truck, but the problem is that i don't have a pump to send to Mel. So if you have a spare IP, let me know.

My truck is factory turbo, but if i have understood correctly, if the pump is from 7.3 IDI Mel can make the conversion...

Thanks

That was my original dilemma...I couldn't have the down time for Mel's guy to do my original IP so, I gambled with a eBay cheapo/deal and now I'm experiencing 10 times the aggravation.
Work it out...get Mel's rebuilt IP!

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I have a spare and for the right price, we can work out a deal...We can do it like a core charge type thing that I will send you some money back when I get a pump back.

SWS

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheapest thing would be send the pump to Mel first, then have him ship it to you. Shipping to Finland is going to be killer I'm afraid. I have a 6.9 spec pump if nothing else works out for you. I don't know if it takes a lot more to get them "Moosed" oir not, I'd let it go cheap though and ship it to Mel for you.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you can see what he is trying to avoid is expensive and time consuming shipping both ways, resulting in a very long amount of down time. What he is hoping to do is obtain a rebuildable core at a low cost, eliminating shipping in one direction. I would guess somebody, somewhere has a pump that may or may not be runnable, but which is whole and unbroken that they would part with cheap. The plan is to ship that one to me, so I can Moosify it and send it to him.

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am egarly awaiting his PM.

SWS

Different time zone different awake hours, but now you've got it...

Basically it's like Mel wrote. I would like the seller be from the US, so i would save some dollars if i don't have to send it from here. Yep, shipping costs from US to Finland isn't very cheap, but if the Moose pump is as good as everyone says it is, it'll be worth it...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kpj and Mel,

Tag on pump in back of house has on it

DB2829 4541 J
5735649 1807560092

Is that any good for a rebuild for a Moose Pump?

Pump is FREE to Kpj for rebuild, shipping must be paid from US Zip 98844 I am out of town for two weeks and thus cannot ship as of now. I can however ship when I return as I live on Can US Border.

No idea what condition the pump is in has been outside for some time in the elements over winter. Is this usable for rebuild or not?

It will be a pump only delivered stripped of solenoids as I want them as spares. It will not be on the timing housing nor have injection lines
Photos can be provided of it now if need be.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I don't know how bad shipping is going TO Finland, but I buy parts FROM Finland all the time and shipping prices aren't expensive at all. as long as you don't specify super fast shipping, and it generally only takes about a week and a half max, sometimes only 3-4 days.

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offers so far, i'll pm you one by one who has a spare IP...

I don't know how bad shipping is going TO Finland, but I buy parts FROM Finland all the time and shipping prices aren't expensive at all. as long as you don't specify super fast shipping, and it generally only takes about a week and a half max, sometimes only 3-4 days.

I don't exactly know how much IP weights, but for a 55 pound package estimated cost is about $230. For smaller parts it ain't that much.

Out of curiosity, what kind of parts do you usually buy from here. Since most of the parts that are made for our trucks are way more expensive in here than you get them...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Thanks for the offers so far, i'll pm you one by one who has a spare IP...

I don't exactly know how much IP weights, but for a 55 pound package estimated cost is about $230. For smaller parts it ain't that much.

Out of curiosity, what kind of parts do you usually buy from here. Since most of the parts that are made for our trucks are way more expensive in here than you get them...

I'm usually buying parts for diesel Volvos. not many of them around here , but those things grow on trees in your neck of the woods. Lots of new parts available in your area that we can't even get here as well ( especially since ford started pulling their obsoleting parts crap on parts on this side of the pond,to make them as lousy as their other cars, they still make the parts for the European market, but they don't ship them over here anymore,) so I buy a lot of part from Finland, Sweden , Norway and Germany, sometimes the UK. All cases, The price winds up being about the same as what UPS 3 day costs here in the US, it just usually takes about a week to a week and a half.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shipping on an IP is usually in a 12" X 12" X 13" box, and it's usually around 14 pounds. 17 with injectors. I don't see any problem rebuilding a pump that has been left outside. The only thing that could be an issue is if it has a lot of rust in it. That's not a show stopper either, but does jack up the labor costs. The lack of solenoids will hurt though. A new top cover assembly with Solenoids is like $150.

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shipping on an IP is usually in a 12" X 12" X 13" box, and it's usually around 14 pounds. 17 with injectors.

I thought it was a little bit heavier than that, but that's good news, it puts the shipping cost down about $100 what i posted above...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk