Got a cab finally!

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
After months of searching, I finally pulled the trigger on a cab. Still has some rust spots but one around here that doesn't is expensive as hell. From what I've found so far, Its not bad at all. Just usual places like around the drip rails and around e-brake cable that I've seen so far. And a dent in the DRV side cab wall. Plunger can probably get it out. Left a deposit so it doesn't get crushed so I can look at it next friday with more time. Comes with damn near everything except the column. Seats, dash, rear seat lift kit, I think the windows too. Just not the doors.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You won't regret it. Take a little time and clean that cab up good before you swap it. If you are carefull you can lay it on its back and clean it up good and paint it underneath. You should get a lot of years of service.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
I hope you're right. I have 2 cabs really I can choose from. I saw a third but it was under 2 other cars....I will ask about its parts.
Going to see if they'll let me cut the carpet in the one I "bought" and look all around for cancer. And check out the other one and kinda weigh out which is the better of the two. So far, I really like this yard. Just wish it was self service instead. Coming off a '90 F150 which is fine since I'm stripping my old cab down to nothing to use on my "new" one and when I get done will have some cab parts and patch panels up for sale. I might even get a rear slider window in the deal...I hope.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Went to look at it again. So far, IT looks good but can't see behind the dash or behind the plastic trim panels inside. I just hope I'm not making a mistake...Got a feeling I am. They're starting to dig it out monday morning. Still need to weld a few places but NOTHING as extream as what I have now. And pull a huge dent out.
I'm getting the dash minus cluster, front and back seats, all the glass including rear slider window, all interior trim with headliner, basically the whole thing just minus doors, column, and cluster for $300. I can't weld and don't have a welder. Wonder if someone on here local is willing to do it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I think it would be worth it. Like Laserjock said, take care of the underneath before you put it on. You'll be glad that you did.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Well, Deal fell through.....They got the front clip off and doors stripped. I discovered this..... The truck gets crushed monday and there are a ton of brick and obs parts in the bed and still on the truck....
The insulation on the firewall was also sopping wet holding water.
You must be registered for see images attach