Google Didnt Help Me

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Snap On P825 Diesel Tune Kit with a bunch of cool tools for a diesel but i dont know what kind of diesel. As i plan to go to school for diesel technology and make it my profession, it would be nice to label this now before i get into the field and buy the same thing later.

Can anyone help me because Google isnt.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. This set is most likely late 80's or early 90's. I wouldnt be surprised if it would work in an IDI as my grandfather had an 85 tow truck with the 6.9. I have injector puller sets for cummins' and tons of diesel tools for doing head work and such.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like maybe PB25 instead.

Pictures.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a set of feeler gauges, one would assume this is for working on an engine with solid lifters. :dunno

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know those 2 wrenches are push rod lock wrenches.

I would like to write out what each tool is for and put a laminated copy in there so if i use it, i know what i need.

To be honest, i figured Icanfixall would be here first haha.

If you guys want, i can get pictures of the other stuff i have as well. Im proud of it as it will help my career in diesel technology = )

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the really nice Detroit Diesel tune up kit, about 400 new IIRC. I had one and it got stolen.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm here now... Been taking a nap....:angel: No... This set is nothing I have ever seen or used before but it appears Russ has the knowhow with this as others too. Nice tool set too... Never get rid of it either...:sly

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got some of those tools if you want them. No longer do I have a Detroit diesel. Haven't used them in ten years, just have to find them.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got some of those tools if you want them. No longer do I have a Detroit diesel. Haven't used them in ten years, just have to find them.

Pm me and we can talk about it. I would love to have spares.

I have some crazy infared tachometers and stuff. Next time i am at my storage unit ill grab pictures. This stuff seems top of the line for when it came out.

And dont worry, i would like to use a Detroit in a truck build anyway but regardless these will always be in my tool box.

On an unrelated note, where should i go to school ?