Good Times

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just now got home from a week long 3000 mile road trip. Truck was flawless with one exception. My leadfooted wife was doing a sustained 95 mph when the front windshield moulding worked itself loose. What a racket that made. Scared the crap outta me. 20 minutes and a $5 thing of epoxy later we were good to go. That was at about mile 900 and it's still fine.

I must say that this truck is an amazing long distance vehicle. It just cruises smoothly along at any speed. The King Ranch seats are also extremely comfortable for extended driving. Best I've sat in on a long drive. The more I drive this thing and the longer I own it the more impressed I am. Just a great truck overall.;Sweet

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with you on being a great road vehicle. I have an 03 Excursion 6.0 and it loves road trips. The most comfortable travel vehicle I have ever been in, including Dad's Conversion vans from the 80's and 90's. I generally set the cruise at 2100 - 2200 RPM and with the 3.73's in the rear that is about 73-74MPH. I have back problems, and this it the only vehicle that I can ride in for more that an hour and not have to get out and walk around. They did very well on the design of the SuperDuty's

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have back problems too (slipped disc 1st vertebrae) and if I sit for too long in say a GM truck I'm hurting. Been on extended road trips in some expensive Benzs' (2002 500sl for ex) and not been able to sit all that long either.

I also used to own a 97' Clubwagon Van. It was a good road vehicle but lacked the power on hills to really be great. Especially with a trailer. And again the seats were not up to par.

I've been keeping my eye on the Excursions. Trying to convince the wife it's time to retire the H2. Problem is she wants my truck. Aint happening. Maybe one like it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin